Tuesday, May 06, 2008

So many interesting people, so much information (and a little fun too)!

Well the conference is over and well worth the trip. It was long enough that I missed my home and my family, but not too long that I really miss some of the wonderful people that I met there. I met over 200 of the most amazing soapmakers you could ever imagine all gathered in one place!
Workshops and lectures about everything that effects the soapmakers industry and business in general from some of the foremost experts in their fields. The amazingly talented Sandy Maine from Sunfeather Soaps was the keynote speaker. She is truly an inspiration to women business owners as well as soapmakers. There was a speaker on Quality Control, Packaging, Product Labeling and demos! New techniques for new product ideas and info on eco-friendly were some of the highlights I tuned into. We got a new shrinking machine to help save time wrapping our soaps. This will lead to savings for all our customers in this hard economic time. I gathered so much information that it will take me weeks to absorb it all. But believe me - once I do - it will benefit all aspects of Just Bubbly. I will be posting different ideas from the conference in the upcoming weeks. So look for the subtle changes in the upcoming future.

Happy Days!

Mariann

No comments: